There are so many misconceptions regarding the secondary ticket business. Let me address a few of the common misconceptions.
1. How many tix do you think ticket brokers purchased for the Paul McCartney concert? Answer: Less than 400 tix!
2. Why were tickets listed for sale prior to the pre-sale on broker websites? Answer: Brokers taking a calculated risk and entering speculative tix. (VIPTIX does not play that game)
3. We got shut out at the box office because of ticket brokers and bots! Answer: True there are ticket brokers that use bots (VIPTIX does not) but the harsh reality is demand far exceeds supply and it is especially true for this mega Paul McCartney show! Again, a very good estimate is that less than 400 or approx. 2% of the tix were bought by ticket brokers.
4. How can sites like VIPTIX.com or Stubhub offer so many tix to a sold-out concert? Answer: The average fan/ ticketholder now has an efficient means to resell their unwanted event tix. Again, sites such as VIPTIX.com and Stubhub link and provide a service for buyers and sellers.
5. Are Brokers bad for the industry? Answer: In my opinion, ticket brokers provide a much needed service in the industry. In the old days, once an event was sold-out there was no secondary market where the average fan could safely buy or sell tix. During my days in the Prime Seats Aud box office, I would field calls of clients looking to buy and sell event tix. I would exchange phone numbers of buyers and sellers. That was our Ah-ha moment and in 1993, that’s how we got our start in the business. Today, the process is so much more efficient and in my opinion, everybody wins.
6. Ticket brokers control the secondary market prices! Answer: Huge misconception! It’s Economics 101- supply and demand. There are many events on VIPTIX.com right now where our clients can buy tix for less than the face-value price offered at the box office. One great example is the One Direction concert next week at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Any Bills or Sabres season ticket holder can attest to how difficult it was to even give tix away the last few seasons.
President & CEO
505 Main St
Buffalo, NY 14203